Jay Leno was photographed leaving the hospital after being treated for facial burns sustained in a garage fire.
The former US talk show host, 72, said last week he was left with “severe burns from a gasoline fire” when one of his classic cars caught fire.
Leno was photographed with staff at the Grossman Burn Center in California on Monday. Scars could be seen on his neck and jaw.
Previous images of his treatment showed him bandaged and lying in a hyperbaric chamber, which uses high-pressure oxygen to speed healing.
After more than a week of treatment, the head of the clinic, Dr Peter Grossman, said he was “pleased” with Leno’s progress and “optimistic that he will make a full recovery”.
The clinic’s statement added: “Jay would like to let everyone know how grateful he is for the care he has received, and is very grateful for all the well wishes.
“He looks forward to spending Thanksgiving with his family and friends and wishes everyone a wonderful holiday.”
Leno is one of America’s most popular television personalities having hosted the Tonight Show for many years.
It is also known for having a large collection of cars and motorcycles and now hosts a show called Jay Leno’s Garage.
President Joe Biden appeared in a recent episode and drove his 1967 Corvette at over 100mph.