Keanu Reeves has been granted a restraining order against a man who allegedly made a series of unwanted visits to his home, including sleeping in his back garden.
The Hollywood star, known for his roles in the Matrix and John Wick franchises, said the alleged incidents left him “basically alarmed, annoyed and distressed.”
In the court records acquired by the PA news agency, Reeves she claimed 38-year-old Brian Keith Dixon had visited his Los Angeles County property six times.
The incidents occurred between November last year and January 2023, he said.
The documents also stated that during the second visit, Dixon had left behind a backpack which contained “bizarre” items including a DNA test kit inside.
Dixon had posted “inconsistently and alarmingly on social media, referring to himself as ‘Jasper Keith Reeves’, apparently indicating his belief that he and Mr. Reeves are related,” they said.
In his own statement, Reeves said: “Over the past few months, there have been several incidents where the defendant visited my home uninvited, trespassed on my property, attempted access to my home, and attempted to contact me.
“I understand that a criminal investigation is ongoing against the defendant due to his disturbing conduct.
“The harassing, disturbing and threatening actions of the defendant, which are ongoing, are causing me substantial alarm, annoyance and distress, also because I want to protect my partner and friends who reside or spend time in my home.”
The temporary restraining order was granted until February 24, the date of the court hearing on the matter.