Nicki Minaj cancels festival appearance in Romania over ‘safety concerns’ | Ents & Arts News

Nicki Minaj has cancelled a festival appearance in Romania over “safety concerns”.

The US rapper, 41, had been due to perform at Saga Festival in Bucharest on Sunday evening.

But she was warned about “protests in the area”, she said, and needed to make “sound decisions” so that she made it home to her son and her team to their families.

She acted out of concern for the “well-being of our team and myself”, she said.

She is still hoping to perform at the Wireless Festival in London on Friday, she added.

In a post on X, Minaj said: “Out of concern for the well-being of our team and myself, I have been advised by my security detail not to travel to Romania’s festival tonight due to safety concerns regarding protests in the area.

“I look forward to seeing you all at another time.”

She added: “As a mom, I have to make sure I’m making sound decisions for me to make it home to my son and for my team to make it home to their families. To not heed the advice of security at this time is simply not what I think I should be doing.

“I love you and thank you for your understanding and support. I am very excited to see my fans this Friday in London for another very special headlining show at Wireless Festival.”

Image:
Minaj in 2019. Pic: Reuters

Read more:
Titanic and Avatar producer Jon Landau dies
Wrestling star John Cena announces retirement from WWE

Last month, a show Minaj was due to perform in Amsterdam was cancelled after she was arrested in the Dutch capital for allegedly attempting to take “soft drugs” out of the country.

She claimed she had been treated differently because of her race.

A delay caused by her arrest forced her to miss a show at Manchester’s Co-op Live Arena, with the concert later being rescheduled.

malek

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

GreenLeaf Tw2sl