Jay Leno was badly burned after one of his cars caught fire in the garage of his Los Angeles home.

The US comedian was taken to hospital with burns to his face after what his rep described as a “lightning fire”.

The former Tonight Show host, 72, canceled a show in Las Vegas scheduled for Sunday night after suffering a “very serious medical emergency,” People Magazine reported.

“I had some severe burns from a petrol fire. I’m fine. I just need a week or two to get back on my feet,” he said in a statement to Sky News partner NBC News.

According to Reuters, Leno was taken to the Grossman Burn Center for treatment, but his eye and ear weren’t seriously damaged.

Image:
With his wife Mavis in 2000

Since leaving The Tonight Show in 2014, the avid car collector, who owns more than 200 vehicles, has hosted a revival of popular US game show You Bet Your Life and Jay Leno’s Garage on CNBC.

He also writes a regular column in Popular Mechanics magazine, showcasing his collection and giving car recommendations.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *