Russia fired 81 missiles of various types overnight Thursday as it launched another deadly attack on Ukraine, Ukraine’s army chief said.
The Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, General Valerii Zaluzhnyi, said the missiles targeted critical infrastructure.
The missiles included:
- 28 X-101/X-555 air-launched cruise missiles;
- 20 Kalibr sea-launched cruise missiles;
- 6 X-22 air-launched cruise missiles;
- 6 X-47 Kinzhal air-launched cruise missiles;
- 8 guided aircraft missiles – 2 X-31P and 6 X-59;
- 13 S-300 anti-aircraft guided missiles.
In addition, eight Iranian-made Shahed-136/131 drone launches were carried out, he said.
He said Ukrainian forces destroyed 34 out of 48 X-101/X-555, “Kalibr” cruise missiles, eight X-31P and X-59 guided missiles and four drones.
The strikes killed at least five people in the western city of Lviv, and injuries were reported in Kyiv, officials said.